In the context of Workpackages 1 (WP1) “Knowledge Basis of Local Flora” and WP2 “Digitisation of Natural Environment” (Activities A1.1: “Study of Local Flora” and A2.1: “Field study “, respectively), members of the AdVENt team from all participating institutions visited the Oiti and Parnassos National Parks. The aim of this first visit was the on-site tour of Oiti and Parnassos hiking trails and points of interest in order to investigate and define the requirements and specifications of the digital mapping of routes, natural environment, local flora as well as cultural and natural points of interest.
Thursday, 8 Nov 2018 | On – site tour of the Parnassos National Park, Amfikleia Fthiotis
• Hiking at “Amfikleia – Androutsos Cave” trail.
• Working meeting with members of the Management Body of Mt Parnassos National Park at their offices Amfikleia.
• Visit to the ruins of the ancient castle of Lilaia and the springs of Kifissos.
Friday, 9 Nov 2018 | On – site tour of the Oiti National Park, Pavliani Fthiotis
• Visit to the Points of interest “Pyra Irakleous” (Fires of Hercules) -where the ruins of an ancient sanctuary of 3rd century BC dedicated to Hercules can be found- and “Katavothra” Cave
• Hiking at “Pavliani-Tziros Wetland” trail (2 hours).
• Visit to the natural hydropower museum in Pavliani.
• Project meeting with all participating team members